TGIF! I am so excited to see Friday. It’s been a long week! I’m off to see my parents in a few hours to celebrate Mother’s Day but wanted to drop in with a little update before I go.
Let me quickly admit that I love Beth’s post today, where she breaks out 5 things that are making her happy and I’m copying her. I hope she doesn’t mind.
1) I’m cleared to be exercising again! My thyroid levels are looking better and the heart palpitations that have been bugging me should be going away soon. I can actually take less thyroid medicine, which is awesome but I still have to stay on the heart medicine for another few weeks. Last night I celebrated with some resistance band work, though not much because I had a really heavy dinner and didn’t want to make myself feel sick.
2) I may be running the North Face Endurance Challenge Marathon Relay on June 4th! We’re around90% certain we can get a 4th person for our team before the prices go up on Monday. This was
kind of totally a whim decision but one that I’m really excited about. I haven’t ever done a trail race and a 6.4 mile introduction doesn’t sound horrible. It actually looks pretty awesome and I think I know a few people doing the marathon or 50K so it will be a fun day.
3) I’ve found my training plan for the Rock N Roll Virginia Beach Half. I’m using Runner’s World Smart Coach and am really excited to start. I have to keep reminding myself that there would be no point in starting things up so early just because I’m excited and there’s no point in risking injury just to tweak the finish time by a teeny bit of time. My current plan is to run for fun in May and cross train heavily. Then I’ll start the actual training at the very end of May. I’m going with a 13 week program, which some would say is bad luck but I think will be awesome. I’m thrilled with the plan’s potential.
4) There should be a giveaway coming up in the next few weeks on the blog. I actually have a pretty important blog related announcement coming up sometime soon, but I haven’t had time to sit down and get it put together. Something just kind of fell into my lap and I’m excited to share it with everyone. 🙂
5) I’m off to spend a quiet weekend with the parents! I know I mentioned that in the beginning of my post but I’m so happy to have some family time on the books for this weekend.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!